Fire Marshal: One Injured in Cambridge Mobile Home Fire

CAMBRIDGE, Md.- The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says one person was injured in an early Monday morning fire that left a Cambridge mobile home in ruins.

It started around 12:30 a.m. at a home on Pungy Path in Cambridge. Fire crews were called to the home after a neighbor discovered the fire, which investigators said started in the inside of the front porch.

Authorities say it took about 60 firefighters about an hour to put the fire out. The homeowner was taken to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation. 

The Fire Marshal's Office says smoke alarms were present and they were activated.

Investigators ruled the fire accidental, saying it was started by an electrical problem. The fire caused an estimated $35,000 in damages. 

Recommended for you