...GALE WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EDT THIS MORNING...
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM THIS MORNING TO 3 PM
EDT THIS AFTERNOON...
* WHAT...For the Gale Warning, northwest winds 20 to 25 kt with
gusts up to 35 kt and waves 2 to 5 ft. For the Small Craft
Advisory, northwest winds 15 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt
and waves 2 to 4 ft expected.
* WHERE...Chesapeake Bay from Drum Point MD to Smith Point VA
and Tangier Sound and the inland waters surrounding
* WHEN...For the Gale Warning, until 9 AM EDT this morning. For
the Small Craft Advisory, from 9 AM this morning to 3 PM EDT
* IMPACTS...Strong winds will cause hazardous waves which could
capsize or damage vessels.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The strongest winds are most likely near
the shore during the day Saturday, peaking over all waters
Saturday evening when near storm force winds are possible.
Mariners should alter plans to avoid these hazardous conditions.
Remain in port, seek safe harbor, alter course, and/or secure the
vessel for severe conditions.