Mower Fire Spreads to Garage in Mardela Springs - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Mower Fire Spreads to Garage in Mardela Springs

Posted: Updated:
A lawn mower caught fire Tuesday afternoon in Mardela Springs and spread to the garage. (Photo: MD State Fire Marshal) A lawn mower caught fire Tuesday afternoon in Mardela Springs and spread to the garage. (Photo: MD State Fire Marshal)

MARDELA SPRINGS, Md. - The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating a mower fire which extended to a garage Tuesday afternoon in Mardela Springs, Md.

Fire officials said Wednesday morning, the fire happened at 8013 Hurleys Neck Road around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday. Officials said the fire started when the Cub Cadet Zero turn mower's operating system failed. The fire then extended to the garage, which also housed a car, a motorcycle and various tools and equipment.

It took about twenty firefighters roughly 40 minutes to get the fire under control, fire officials said. The fire caused an estimated $73,000 in damages. The fire was ruled accidental.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices