...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EDT
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM SATURDAY TO MIDNIGHT EDT
* WHAT...For the Small Craft Advisory, south winds 15 to 20 kt
with gusts up to 30 kt and waves 2 to 4 ft. For the Gale
Warning, southwest winds 15 to 25 kt with gusts up to 40 kt
and waves 2 to 4 ft expected.
* WHERE...Chesapeake Bay from Pooles Island MD to Smith Point
VA, Tidal Potomac from Cobb Island MD to Smith Point VA,
Chester River to Queenstown MD, Eastern Bay, Choptank River to
Cambridge MD and the Little Choptank River, and Tangier Sound
and the inland waters surrounding Bloodsworth Island.
* WHEN...For the Small Craft Advisory, until 6 AM EDT Saturday.
For the Gale Warning, from 6 AM Saturday to midnight EDT
* IMPACTS...Strong winds will cause hazardous waves which could
capsize or damage vessels.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The strongest winds are most likely near
the shore during the day Saturday, peaking over all waters
Saturday evening when near storm force winds are possible.
Mariners should alter plans to avoid these hazardous conditions.
Remain in port, seek safe harbor, alter course, and/or secure the
vessel for severe conditions.