MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A shooting occurred Wednesday during the first week of classes at a Minneapolis Catholic school, the Minnesota governor and authorities said. There was no immediate information on any injuries.

Gov. Tim Waltz said on social media that he had been briefed on a shooting at Annunciation Catholic School.

“I’m praying for our kids and teachers whose first week of school was marred by this horrific act of violence,” Waltz wrote on X.

A person answering the phone at Annunciation School said students were being evacuated.

The pre-kindergarten through eighth grade school had an all-school Mass scheduled at 8:15 a.m. Wednesday morning, according to its website. Monday was the first day of school.

Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.