Second Fire Damages Home in Tall Pines

LEWES, Del. - The Delaware State Fire Marshal's office investigated a fire in Lewes that damaged three travel trailers on Thursday December 18th.

The fire occurred in the 29000 block of Hickory Road, at the Tall Pines Mobile Home Park at approximately 8:41 a.m.

The Lewes Volunteer Fire Department, assisted by Milton, and Rehoboth Beach Fire Companies extinguished the flames.

The fire also caused damage to two neighboring travel trailers. The owner of the travel trailer where the fire occurred was home at the time of the incident.

The Fire Marshal's office determined to be accidental in nature and was caused when an electrical extension cord, located in the rear bedroom, malfunctioned igniting nearby combustible materials.  The Fire Marshal's Office says it is undetermined if the structure was equipped with working smoke detectors, however no injuries were reported.

Total fire damage was estimated at $26,500. 00

Recommended for you