...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EDT EARLY
...GALE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EDT SUNDAY...
* WHAT...For the Small Craft Advisory, south winds 15 to 20 kt
with gusts up to 30 kt. For the Gale Warning, southwest winds
15 to 25 kt with gusts up to 35 kt and waves 2 to 4 ft
* WHERE...Chesapeake Bay from Drum Point MD to Smith Point VA,
Tidal Potomac from Cobb Island MD to Smith Point VA, Choptank
River to Cambridge MD and the Little Choptank River and
Tangier Sound and the inland waters surrounding Bloodsworth
* WHEN...For the Small Craft Advisory, until 6 AM EDT early this
morning. For the Gale Warning, until 6 AM EDT Sunday.
* IMPACTS...Strong winds will cause hazardous waves which could
capsize or damage vessels.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The strongest winds are most likely near
the shore during the day Saturday, peaking over all waters
Saturday evening when near storm force winds are possible.
Mariners should alter plans to avoid these hazardous conditions.
Remain in port, seek safe harbor, alter course, and/or secure the
vessel for severe conditions.